As L. Ron Hubbard developed the subject of Scientology, he observed his students sometimes had trouble fully understanding his teachings. This led him to develop Study Technology so anyone could learn and apply his teachings. We don’t want learning barriers to prevent you from getting the most out of L. Ron Hubbard’s writings and lectures. You can click on THIS LINK for a few study pointers to help you out.
Throughout the site, you can click on the gold-colored terms to see their definitions.
L. Ron Hubbard (1911-1986)
The founder of Dianetics and Scientology, Hubbard was born in Tilden, Nebraska on March 13, 1911. Shortly after, his family moved to Helena, Montana, which is where Hubbard spent his... Read More
1. MEST, or the MEST universe, refers to the universe where we find the things that make up the real world: trees, rocks, suns, mountains, atoms, chemical elements, trains, tables, chairs, etc. Spiritual beings... Read More
An emotion that doesn't fit the circumstances. Being misemotional isn't simply about having complicated feelings regarding a complicated situation in life. Misemotion is about having feelings that aren't... Read More
1. Definition of 'model' : "an example for imitation or emulation."
Auditing sessions follow an exact pattern. There are exact scripts used to start and end each session. And exact things the... Read More
1. A harmful deed done to someone that makes them feel justified in committing a harmful deed.
Rhonda gets cut off in traffic. She gets really angry feeling like the person who cut her off is... Read More
1. To say critical things of someone or something.
While there are times when criticism may be constructive or warranted. But when someone is being derogatory, making snide comments, and acting hostilely... Read More
1. when someone has trouble accepting things as they are, they may try to act as though that thing is not true. They are denying, in some way, the actuality of something.
When a family... Read More